Confessions of Jessibelle

The truth hurts. I'm sorry. There's no holding back this time.
If you know me in real life, consider yourself warned.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Ya know, I think I just might be alright after all. I took my self out shopping and bought two new pairs of pants.... in a size 7/8. Yeah, they were stretchy cords and ran a little big, the point is I fit into a 7/8. I went to another store and found a 100% camel hair, satin lined, Oscar de LaRenta, full length over coat, normally $349.99, on clearance for $99, fit like a fucking glove.... And I left the store WITHOUT IT. I was trying to be a responsible young adult. I have a full length winter white wool Calvin Klein that I've worn like 5 times in the last 2 years I've had it. I need another coat like I need a hole in my head. I called my mother to tell her how much of a grown up I am. Her response "You are NOT my daughter! That is an investment piece! It would never go out of style!" Gotta love my mother the shop-a-holic. In the end she was proud of me for being such a grown up.
I later found a better way to blow a hundred bucks. I went to Barnes and Noble and bought another Bukowski book to add to my collection, maybe a book case would be a better investment for me??? Anyway.... I didn't spend the whole $100 on a book. My best friend and I went out for dinner and drinks. The place we went to had alcoholic slushies. yummmm! We had one each while we were waiting on dinner, and one more during dinner. We were trying to decide which one to get after dinner and we saw a lovely little postcard looking thing on the drink menu.... a Daiquiri Tree. ALL the different flavors in mini glasses!!! And then we ordered dessert to go with our tree. Chocolate Fondue..... it was made with Godiva liqueur. OMG.... sex on a mutha fuckin platter. Didn't know you could a buzz from dessert. Maybe it was the tree...


Life goes on. It's not going to be easy, but I think I might get over my first broken heart. I've been pretty lucky making it to 25 without one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carli N. Wendell said...

sounds like you're on the mend. Congrats on going out and having a good day--it can change your entire perspective!

10:23  
Blogger chez bez said...

That's a nice read. Seems to me that you are one of the great ones.

Have a nice day.

10:29  
Blogger utenzi said...

Michele sent me over to wish you a Happy New Year, Jess.

Making it to 25 before having a "broken heart" is amazing. The corridors of high school are filled with tears and broken hearts.

That chocolate fondue sounds like it could cure many ills, I hope it worked on your heart. BTW, that coat really sounded nice!

11:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home