Confessions of Jessibelle

The truth hurts. I'm sorry. There's no holding back this time.
If you know me in real life, consider yourself warned.

Monday, October 29, 2007

From the mouths of babes....

My older sister and her family came down for the funeral. So I got plenty of time to bond and hang out with my 5 nephews. The range in age from 11 down to 2 years old....

Nephew #1

He gets in my car, buckles his seat belt, turns to me and says "Is this going to be a scenic drive?"

I was floored... I turned back to him and said, "Well only if you find cows to be and hay bales scenic."

Nephew #2

He plops down next to me and says "You're pretty, I'm going to call you Auntie Princess".

Who am I to argue? The kid is a good judge of character....

Nephew #3

He's sitting in between me and one of my cousins and says "When you two get older, I'm going to buy you brooms so you can fly"

My cousin and I look at each other in shock as my dad pipes in and says "Make sure they have a place to plug in their cell phones"


Nephew #4

I walked into my Aunts house and noticed a big crack in the ceiling of the dining room and asked her what happened...

My nephew walks by and says "Oh that? I did that when I broke in to steal the chickens. Sorry." Then grabs a bunch of grapes and walks out to the backporch like nothing happened.

Nephew #5

Nephew #5 is the youngest. He's the cutest little snuggle bear. At the end of the wake when we were all leaving the funeral home I said "Come on baby, it's time to go, say goodbye to Grandma Tiger. " He ran halfway up the aisle, waved and said "Bye grandma, see you tomorrow."

1 Comments:

Blogger ATLLG said...

I think I just parts of my ham n cheese sandwich out of my nose.....

does this bunch have a agent yet?

10:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home